February 24, 2023 – Jackson, Mississippi, USA
Roman Alexander Wellington, CEO & Founder of healthcare marketing & public relations firm ElysianMed.io, has announced an exciting new Veteran Cannabis Support Program (VCSP) today that could see millions of dollars in private subsidies go to Veteran-owned & Veteran-focused cannabis businesses, while helping thousands of Veteran patients to receive desperately needed help in the State of Mississippi.
With over 120 dispensaries slated to open in Mississippi, and an estimated 700 physicians expected to begin prescribing soon, the number of Veterans who would be helped by this Veteran Cannabis Support Program is staggering:
- Over $30,000/mo. To Veterans: If only half of the dispensaries opt-in to the program, it would result in over $30,000 per month in medical cannabis being provided for free to Veterans (who have received their MSDOH certification & ID), who are in financial need.
- Over 1,000 Veterans Certified Per Month: If only half of the prescribing physicians opt-in to the program, it would result in 350 prescribing physicians providing 3 free certifications per month each … or over 1,000 Veterans receiving a free certification, every single month.
- $7.5 – $10 Million In Subsidies Over Next 5-Years: In order to help make this happen, ElysianMed expects to provide between $1,500,000 – $2,000,000 in Veteran Cannabis Support Program subsidies in the first year alone, and between $7,500,000 – $10,000,000 in subsidies over the next 5 years.
STORY UPDATE – 2/25/23 :
First Veteran Cannabis Support Program Dispensary Approved Within 1 Hour Of VCSP Program Announcement
STORY UPDATE – 3/1/23:
Dr. Fred Kency Becomes First Physician In Mississippi To Join The Veteran Cannabis Support Program (VCSP)
ElysianMed will officially launch its flagship cannabis platform in Mississippi, MississippiMedicalMarijuanas.com, on March 1st, 2023. The platform has been in Beta since December 2022 and is already receiving thousands of visitors per month, and seeing more new patients (and potential patients) signing up to the platform every day.
The platform officially started allowing licensed dispensaries, prescribing practitioners, and cultivators that have been on its waiting list to begin signing up and activating their business listings on February 20th, 2023. The listings comply with the MSDOH Advertising & Marketing Regulations (Title 15, Part 22, Subpart 3, Rule 3.3.2).
The MississippiMedicalMarijuanas.com platform provides patients with a one-stop place to learn, find, research, and engage with licensed cannabis dispensaries & prescribing physicians who are listed in its cannabis business directory, as well as with other patients or those considering becoming patients via it’s Social Groups.
The biggest feature of the platform is the first of its kind, on-site Social Media Network. Patients are able to sign-up for the platform free of charge, and join several groups which are designed to encourage patients (and those considering becoming patients), to participate in open, caring, and non-judgmental discussions regarding the use of medical cannabis. The platform will officially open its first three groups to the public on March 7th, which are the Veterans Group, the Parents & Caregivers Group, and the Senior Citizens Group.
Founder Roman Alexander Wellington stated, “The purpose of these groups is to encourage the building of a real community for patients in Mississippi, where they can engage with other community members, & medical cannabis patients, and not have to worry about judgment. We hope that these private groups will allow our members to feel safer in engaging in real and productive conversations with each other about medical cannabis use, and share their stories and experiences.”
The Veteran Cannabis Support Program:
One of the main focuses of the platform, and a matter very close to Mr. Wellington, is Veteran affairs.
“We all know that Veterans are usually the first to step up and care for others, but usually the last to receive that care back … especially from governmental institutions like the Veterans Administration. Veteran healthcare, both physical and mental, should be of the utmost priority … and unfortunately, it hasn’t been. With our platform, and new Veteran Cannabis Support Program, we hope to change that… and change it fast.” Wellington said.
MississippiMedicalMarijuanas.com has now begun accepting applications from licensed medical marijuana dispensaries & prescribing physicians wishing to be listed on the platform & participate in the Veteran Cannabis Support Program (VCSP).
The Veteran Cannabis Support Program will ensure that Veterans begin to see immediate attention & benefits, in the form of millions of dollars in private subsidies, starting March 1st, 2023 and lasting over the next 5 years.
Licensed medical cannabis dispensaries and prescribing physicians are allowed to purchase listings on the platform, as well as purchase ads showcasing specials, discounts, exclusive promo’s, etc. to the members and visitors of the platform (who are 21 years of age, or older).
The Veteran Cannabis Support Program will provide member dispensaries and prescribing physicians that are willing to take a “Veterans As a Priority” stance, with massive subsidies for the platform. Full details can be found here.
Jessica Rice, one of the founders of the Mississippi Cannabis Trade Association, stated, “We come from Veteran families ourselves, so ensuring safe, affordable, and effective access to medical cannabis for the Veteran community in Mississippi is a hugely important issue for us and to many of our MSCTA business members.”
“When Mr. Wellington presented the Veteran Cannabis Support Program to us, we were excited to hear about a program that rewards businesses who truly support our local Veteran community. This program will allow for immediate relief to be received by the Veteran community while also giving cannabis businesses, like our members, another chance to invest in Mississippians. MississippiMedicalMarijuanas.com has created a win-win-win program that can be implemented immediately and produce beneficial results for all involved.”
1. Veteran-owned dispensaries and Veteran prescribing physicians that apply for the program and get approved before March 1st, 2023, will receive 50% of their listing fees for the first 3-months on the platform ($2,500 off per month for dispensaries, and $750 off per month for physicians).
2. After the initial 90-days, participating dispensaries will receive $1,000 off per month, and physicians will receive $500 off per month.
* Veteran-owned dispensaries (at least 50% ownership in the dispensary is owned by a veteran/veterans) will receive an additional $500 off their listing each month ($1,500 off per month total), and veteran physicians will receive an additional $250 off their listings each month ($1,000 off per month total)
3. Dollar-To-Dollar match up to $500/mo. in Promotional Ad Credits each month, via a $500 30-day promotional ad credit each month for the platform’s “Deals & Promo’s” section. (If the business stays in good standing, that would equate to $6,000 in free advertising, per year)
4. Additional listing on a new special page on the platform, highlighting dispensaries participating in the Veteran Cannabis Support Program
5. New special badge added to their business listing showing they are a participating business in the Veteran Cannabis Support Program
6. Additional 15% off any additional 14-Day or 30-day Promotional Ad Credit purchases each month
7. Each month a Press Release will go out to Mississippi Media, listing the dispensaries that maintained their good standing, and are active VCSP participants that month. Their business will be listed by name in the release, as well as on various high-traffic pages of the platform.
8. Businesses that sign up before the March 1st deadline, will also receive several thousand dollars in additional bonuses including customized customer loyalty cards, customized business cards, a hyper-mobile “Smart Page” custom-coded for the brand (dispensaries can choose to have a brand Smart Menu instead), and more.
*Dispensary Veteran Employment Credit: Dispensaries that employ Veterans, will receive an additional $100 per month, per Veteran employed, in advertising credit.
Veteran Cannabis Support Program Business Requirements:
- Must provide $500/mo. minimum in free cannabis to veterans facing financial hardship. Veterans will apply on the platform, & will then be matched to a participating dispensary.
- The $500 must be split into ten (10) $50 increments (10 veterans x $50 each)
- Must provide 3 free certifications each month (the certification must include follow-up appointments for free as well). Veterans will apply on the platform, & will then be matched to a participating physician.
Both Dispensaries & Physicians:
- Must have an active business listing on the platform
- Must provide a minimum of 15% off to all Veterans Who Present Their VCSP Card At Checkout
- Must provide proof of participation each month to receive subsidies. All veteran patients participating in the VCSP program will have an official VCSP ID number & VCSP Card. (Participating businesses will simply need to send MississippiMedicalMarijuanas.com the VCSP ID numbers of the Veterans they helped to receive their subsidies for the next month)
Mr. Wellington explained, “We wanted to figure out a way to incentivize dispensaries and prescribing physicians to focus on the Veteran community, and get them the help they need, starting immediately. However, we did not want to provide these subsidies for some nice (but ultimately meaningless) words of support for our Vets. It’s easy to ‘say’ you support our Veterans, it’s another thing entirely to actually do it.
By offering subsidies on our platform that are directly tied to the benefit provided to Veterans, each month, we put a tremendous safeguard in place to prevent businesses from trying to take advantage, or only doing it for one month just to get some free stuff. If the dispensaries or prescribing physicians stop providing the services to the Veteran community, they lose all their advertising subsidies, discounts, and other bonuses … instantly.
Doing things this way, the dispensaries and prescribing physicians are continually encouraged to participate in the Veteran Cannabis Support Program, because they save tremendous amounts of their advertising dollars each month that they do”.
The Veteran Cannabis Support Program will provide much-needed support and critical business infrastructure to Veteran owned cannabis businesses in Mississippi, while providing incentives to other medical cannabis businesses to invest in and hire Veteran staff, and support the Veterans in their local community who are looking into medical cannabis as a treatment option, but may be facing financial hardship.
Simplified Signup For Veteran Patients:
For Veterans (or the primary caregiver to a Veteran) who are interested in participating in the MississippiMedicalMarijuanas.com Veteran Cannabis Support Program (VCSP), they can apply on the VCSP Patient Application Page here.
The application process & requirements were intentionally made as simple as possible for patients, and are as follows:
- The patient fills out the Veteran Cannabis Support Program Application
- Submit DD-214 To Verify Eligibility
- The patient receives their Veteran Cannabis Support Program Member ID Card
- MississippiMedicalMarijuanas.com will then match them with a Veteran Cannabis Support Program member dispensary or physician
- The Patient shows their member ID card at participating businesses to receive VCSP discounts.
Dr. Kency, a prescribing physician and Veteran who is listed on the platform stated, “I think it’s incredibly important to focus on building a positive and non-judgmental community around medical cannabis, and encourage patients to reach out and ask questions. The platform & social network that MississippiMedicalMarijuanas.com has built, allows patients to reach out and speak to other patients, without fear of negativity or shame, which is why I joined the platform. When patients reach out to my office to schedule an appointment, we make sure to really listen to their needs and their concerns, and make sure that medical cannabis is the appropriate treatment option.”
Dr. Kency continued, “I also appreciate the focus that MississippiMedicalMarijuanas.com is putting on the Veteran community, and the subsidies that they are willing to provide to Mississippi medical cannabis businesses willing to take a Veteran-focused approach. I hope this will encourage those within the Veteran community to take a serious look at the positive health benefits of medical cannabis, both physical and mental, and explore it as a treatment option.”
The 5-Year Plan: Thousands Of Veteran Patients Helped, Millions Of Dollars In Subsidies Given
With over 120 dispensaries slated to open in Mississippi, and an estimated 700 physicians expected to begin prescribing, the number of Veterans who would be helped by this Veteran Cannabis Support Program is staggering.
- If only half of the dispensaries opt-in to this program, that’s over $30,000 per month in medical cannabis being provided to Veterans (who have received their MSDOH certification & ID), who are in financial need, for free.
- If only half of the prescribing physicians opt-in to the program, that’s 350 prescribing physicians providing 3 free certifications per month each … or over 1,000 Veterans being helped, every single month.
- In total, ElysianMed expects to provide between $1,500,000 – $2,000,000 in Veteran Cannabis Support Program subsidies in the first year alone, and between $7,500,000 – $10,000,000 in subsidies over the next 5 years.
Asked why Mr. Wellington was willing to provide such a massive subsidy program, he said, “Veterans have been conditioned to accept being put last, being forced to endure horrendous wait times and lack of medical services from the VA, and being used as political glitter by politicians … on both sides of the aisle … who speak sweet words about “Veteran Support” when they need votes, yet do the bare minimum (if anything) when the time actually comes.
“Enough is enough. The Veteran community is one of the single largest untapped resources in this country. However, many of them cannot participate in the workforce the way they would have, had they not sacrificed their minds and bodies for their Country. They also do not receive the mental and physical healthcare that they so desperately need to be able to rejoin the workforce, and be the incredible contributing members of their communities, they so desperately desire to be.
“With medical cannabis, an enormous number of Veterans in Mississippi could get immediate relief, and that means thousands of people re-joining the workforce. That means thousands of hard workers, people who want to work and have a military-engrained work ethic, will finally be able to actually go to work, because they are no longer in horrendously debilitating pain.
That means thousands of families experiencing healing of the family unit, because Mommy or Daddy (or both) finally have a way to help with their PTSD, and are able to do so in seconds.
That means thousands of community members no longer turning to drugs, pharmaceutical opioids, or alcohol to numb their pain, mentally and physically, and that means less crime, fewer accidents, less instances of domestic abuse, etc. … it also means less of a burden and drain of resources on law enforcement, and the Courts.”
Interested dispensaries & prescribing physicians can learn more at:
Interested dispensaries & prescribing physicians can learn more at:
Press Resources: https://mississippimedicalmarijuanas.com/press-room/